THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING & SO CAL LAKES PHOTO

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING & SO CAL LAKES PHOTO
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:37:37 EST
          Hello, Hello :  Is anybody out there ?   This list is so quiet, it
is creepy !
Well, it is almost Halloween  ......  I know a whole bunch of us didn' t make
it to Maxton, unfortunately .  I hope we hear some of the news from there by
sometime tonight  ......  after I go look for goodies at a local flea market
this afternoon .
         Keith will make up for this quiet period  ......  ALL  next week !
     On another subject  ......  you might want to check out the December
issue
of Street Rodder ...... the cover features three Deuce hiboy roadsters, a
Deuce 5 window hiboy coupe, and a belly tank lakester,  ALL in the
traditional So Cal Speed Shop red and white colors, and actually photographed
at El Mirage Dry Lake . This
classic photo bears a strong resemblance to one on the cover of a hot rodding
publication from the 50s, which shows the original So Cal racing team cars
lined up at a lakes meet ...... same color scheme and location  ......
        but oh so long ago !!!
    Bruce  ......  where the trees are getting bare and the days cooler