DickJ.

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: DickJ.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:14:32 -0600
Gotta tell this Story... our walk on Crew Member Steve Mohr brings me the
latest Hot Rod with the Letter to the Editor that Dick wrote... and for
that I got to say thanks...

But the Real Deal here is DIck Himself... Dick has lots of Priorities in
his life and doesn't have an excess of money to pour into Land Speed
Racing... but he has this Thing about trying and doing the ONE meet a
year...

We have all been reading about his Exploits and his Trials... and I got to
see the results... I won't tell you how he ran ... I want to leave that
Pleasure to him.. But I will tell you he was there and made some runs in a
Race car... It's not the Prettiest car in the world... and It's not
fancy.... But Dick was out Racing with the rest of us and having the time
of his life...

In this world there are Pilots and Passengers.... Dick... you are anything
but a Wannabeeeeeee.... Congrats on the runs and Thanks for coming... you
made the meet a little more special by your appearance...

Keith ( and Yeah Will Handzel took a bunch of Pic's of Dick's car ,,,.on
the way to the Airport .. He was jabbering about how neat it was to see
Dick Race it ... )
----------
> From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Maxton
> Date: Monday, October 30, 2000 5:12 PM
>
> Keith, great job again.  Please get someone to post more specifics, cant
wait
> to hear the details.  Any specifics on the bike runs, heard Chip Ellis
went
> 203.6mph, what was the air temp, humidity, and what was the deal with the
wind
> on that run, heard 5-10 headwind, and also heard he ran during a lull in
the
> wind.   Dick J, cant wait to hear.  Keith 225 hp jets, cool, how did the
motor
> fair???  Did Dahlgren assist??    What did Scott Guthrie run as far as
bikes
> and speed???  Any info appreciated.     Joe  :) :)
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
>
> > Okay I got a short chain.... the ECTA guys were enjoying pulling on
it...
> > I will fill y'all in Later on it... Very funny in retrospect.... Little
> > less funny at the time.
> >
> > Yes We did Put Will Handzel in the ECTA Two Club... he is the 19th
Member
> > and ran an exact 200.000 mph....   I sat down in the Race car and did
the
> > Math  on the Pass.... Yep.. he ran 200 flat... While I was looking I
> > decided to check the Actual High RPM of the pass during gear changes...
he
> > spun the motor up to 8900 rpm.... Yep... and it's still in the car...
ALL
> > of IT...  And it only took 225hp of Nitrous and Fuel... Keep thinking
it
> > was 200.... but you know Chains are ment to be Pulled....
> >
> > The Points Deal... Well we will have to wait for the Official results
but I
> > think there is a Small chance we won that Too..... unless Scottie
Guthrie