Re: entry to list

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, dwarner@electrorent.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: entry to list
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:33:19 EST
       Thanks, Dick !  It also showed up on my screen so let's hope no more
glitches ....... what puzzled me was it was a " sometimes " problem .......
sort of like a slightly loose coil wire, or an ignition switch that has
decided it will
just screw up some, but not all, of the time ...... you know ...... I'm sure
you' ve
" been there ...... done that ".   One I remember well was when I learned,
very
long ago, that after a flathead fuel pump push rod gets worn enough the motor
will
start and run at reasonable speeds  OK  ...... but when you really want to run
some fuel thru those old Strombergs ...... NO  WAY  !!!     A quick fix when
a new
push rod was not readily available was to jam a nut ( about 10-24 ) up into
the
opening on the pump arm ...... or to weld or even braze a little more length
onto
the end of the lazy push rod .   A  NEW push rod, or an electric fuel pump,
was a more permanent fix ...... but even back in the early days of stock car
racing, electric
pumps were NOT allowed as they would feed a fire on a car that had hit the
wall or flipped  ...... too many guys learned that the HARD way !
       Pretty sure this computer of mine must have an ELECTRIC pump  .......
he he he he   .......  but NOT positive !!!
       Bruce  ....... in sunny, 60s Connecticut