Re: Chrysler bolt?

To: kturk@ala.net, jdincau@qnet.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com,
Subject: Re: Chrysler bolt?
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:51:43 EST
         Keith, Jim, John, List :   When I read about the pentagonal headed
bolt
Jim has there in Palmdale, I  remembered I have maybe six or eight of those,
with a slightly crowned head and chrome or nickel plating, in one of my '
oddball
bolt / fastener ' boxes, but I could not recall what they might be from .
       I just now recalled from whence they came :   They are little leveling
adjustment bolts from the bottom of the legs on some old  FURNITURE  !
       I think the crowned head is to fit into those little cups that fit
under furniture
to save the floor or rug  .......  yesteryear stuff, it seems .
       No automotive application here ....... certainly not a grade 8 ( or
anything ),
and it would sure bug your  MAC or Snap On dealer to come up with a
box end or socket to fit it  ........
       At least those old square headed farm machinery bolts would fit an
adjustable and some open ends  .......  or serve as a quicky throwaway
drift pin  .
         Bruce,  wondering with many of you who our next Prez will be .......