Re: Torque converter slippage

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Torque converter slippage
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:36:07 -0800 (PST)
If the torque converter slips 5%, isn't that
close to the same as running a final drive ratio
that is 5% lower?  Put another way, since I am
sure I was using max HP at my speed, if I had
been running a standard shift, with all other
things unchanged, would my top speed not have
been lower by approximately 5%?

Dick J

--- John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
wrote:
> Definitely something you have to factor in when
> running an automatic. And
> race type (high stall) converters slip more
> than stock ones.
>
> JB

=====
*         Dick J          *