Re: Dave Dozier Update

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dave Dozier Update
From: Kevin Warren <kevwar@scruznet.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 18:28:25 -0600
        Thank you for the update, I will be sending a letter to Dave and family
soon. Dave and I worked together years ago at an old speed shop in San Jose
CA. In those days I was the kid and would work late and listen to the old
men swap stories. Many of these stories were about land speed racing and I
guess it planted a seed that has waited until just recently to germinate. I
am a long term Mopar fan, like Dave, and I just picked up a Plymouth
Superbird. When it hits the road next summer it will get a year of playing
around on the street, then I want to transform it to run in the production
class. I attended my first race at Muroc this year and concluded that I
have lots to learn, but if the LSR community is anything like the drag
(racing) folks I will fit right in. I would luv to hear from others who
have run in the pro class or have run old Mopars.
My first goal is the 130 club this summer.

P.S. I miss the old days when I drove to work at National Speed Center in a
1971 Plymouth GTX with a 440,  four speed and a flame paint job. I would
park next to the store owners NOS injected Avanti. Often Dave would drop
by, in his Hemi Charger and by early evening another good ol boy would show
up in a 1929 REO. The parking lot at work today seems quite boring compared
to those days.
See you at the start line.
Kevin Warren
http://www.scruznet.com/~kevwar

>Group,
>    For those of you who haven't been to Bonneville in the last 15 years,
>Dave Dozier is the guy who built and raced (along with partner Ed Hegarty)
>the supercharged straight eight 1930's Chrysler Airflow 2-door sedan
>beginning in the late 80's. They posted some pretty impressive speeds and
>several records prior to Dozier finishing the XO/BGS that put Goodguys Gary
>Meadors, Hegarty, and Dave into the Two-Club.
>    For the past few years Dave has been running a 500+ci Chrysler Hemi
>"crate-motor" in the streamliner, posting speeds in the 325mph range. He is
>truly one of "nice-guys" of the LSR hobby.