Re: PRI

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: PRI
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:39:37 +0000
The PRI Show, well, one must have good shoes to attend! The show is
unbelievable. We got there at 8 am on Friday and walked 'til 5 pm and only
saw about half of it. Every Manufacturer was there. For those who don't know,
the PRI ( Performance Racing Industry) show is an 'industry only' show. To
attend, you must work in the industry, showing a W-2 form to gain entry. From
parts manufacturing, to machining centers, Fabrication tooling, to mag
wheels, they are all represented. I got to meet in person with suppliers,
that I have dealt with over the phone for many years. To quote John Beckett,
" Two kids in a candy store".

We had many people come up to us and say 'they read about ECTA in Hot Rod
Magazine. Ran into Will Handzel, who was sporting GM Engineering credenials.

I have never attended a SEMA show, but many people say that this is a better
deal. John could barely carry the catologs he collected in the two days we
were there. Of course they came in handy, serving as a ballast for the truck
as we ran into a snow storm in Lexington, Kentucky while heading back to
Asheville, NC.

joe