DECEMBER 7, 1941 A DATE THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: DECEMBER 7, 1941 A DATE THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:15:06 EST
        List :  I  would like to think that most of us on this list, even
those that
are not Americans, would take a few moments to consider the event that
occurred in the far off Pacific on this day, fifty nine years ago, and all
the good people serving their country that were lost .  This was followed by
almost four
years of the world being turned upside down by a war which has had some
effect, direct or indirect, on almost every one of us, whether we remember
those days or not .  I hope none of us, or our children, and theirs, will
have to
endure anything resembling that war in this new century that we are now a
part of  ........  and let us all remember that the price of freedom
                                    is eternal vigilance .
       Bruce ...... old enough that I heard it announced on the radio .......
       and still hoping I may one day visit the War Memorial above
                  the sunken remains of the  USS  Arizona .