Muroc

To: Tom Neimeyer <3cbxs@ev1.net>
Subject: Muroc
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:33:51 -0800
Tom,

Muroc is on the Edwards Air Force Base, just east of Lancaster CA.
This is where lakes racing began in Southern CA in the 30s, when WWII
broke out the hot rodders were kick off. After many years of trying, we
finally got back on in 1996. There may be more of an emotional
attachment to the place than anything else. Muroc does allow a longer
course (1.5 miles) than El Mirage (1.3 miles) though. We have been
running once a year at Muroc.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC

PS: Tom I tried two times to mail this to your address and had it
returned, is it incorrect?