Cris and Ed Shearer

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cris and Ed Shearer
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:11:32 -0500
List People,

Just to show that the support to racers by Cris and Ed extends beyond the
salt here is a story from September 1999.

When Richard Brown and his team from England landed at Salt Lake City it
was Cris who was there to assist the team find there way about the city.
To escort team members to places where we  would collect all the final
pieces of equipment we could not ship over.  Nitrogen bottles, acetylene
gas bottles, the Vesco family trailer from Terry Nish - and probably much
more that I have forgotten.  Remember our arrival was after Speed Week and
before World of Speed - true friends to all speed enthusiasts and racers
wherever they come from on their way to the Flats.

Team Maximum Impulse and the rocket bike may not be back on the salt as
soon as we would like but such kindness, help and consideration is never
forgotten.

Cris and Ed - you will no doubt enjoy this list and its 'chat', especially
when I throw in my two pence worth and mention FIA and FIM to all our
fellow US racers.  Just watch out as we enter a new year of record breaking
in 2001for some exciting banter across 'the Pond'.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ON THE LIST WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD AND HAVE A
SAFE AND FAST 2001.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.
(Project Administrator - Gillette Mach 3 Challenger - Team Maximum
Impulse).