Passing of Famed California Customizer, Autorama Promoter

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Passing of Famed California Customizer, Autorama Promoter
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 21:50:22 EST
         Group,  One of my rodding friends here in Connecticut just forwarded
me an article from the Sacramento Bee newspaper about the passing of Don
Tognotti on Thursday past.  Any of you old time readers of  HRM and Rod &
Custom are probably aware of some of the show cars he built and promoted,
going back to the 60s, in addition to promoting racing events and being in
the automotive parts business .  He was heavily involved in this aspect of
what is
called " The California Car Culture ".
       The Sacramento Bee of Friday, the 22nd has an extensive article on
Don Tognotti and his passing .   For anyone interested  .......  go to :
         www.sacbee.com       then click on local news( for the 22nd )
and / or, under "sacbee news search", put in the keyword Don Tognotti .
       Many of you west coasters might have known Don personally, or attended
 some of his shows or race events .
       Most unfortunate news, especially coming right before the holidays .
Bruce       in the 20 * temp of New England