Re: Happy Holidays All!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Happy Holidays All!
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:48:39 EST
Group,
    Thanks Cris, for waking us all up. It's been really quiet on the
"party-line" over the weekend.
    We're finally back to an empty nest, just the Queen Mum, Dog Shannon, and
Me.
    Son Brian, Daughter-In-Law Cami, Grand Dog Othella, and my In-Laws (4)
were here for an over-nighter and Xmas Dinner.
    While they were here Bri helped me rearrange the shop in preparation for
disassembling a couple of race engines, mothballed and parked the Modified
Roadster for the Winter and Spring, prepared the Dragster for transport to
the chasssis repair guy (damaged bellypans, motor-plate, and frame from
running over the blower snout at 160+), removed the salt-cancer wounded rear
bumper/waste water hose holder from the RV, and changed the long overdue oil
in my daily driver Dakota now  that the Bonneville car is no longer occupying
the Backyard Buddy hoist.
    This week I get the enviable job of reconstructing the badly rusted RV
bumper. Has anybody recently tried getting replacement RV parts when the
company is out of business? I can't even get the local welding shop to
fabricate one. Looks like I'm going to have to do it myself. It's a good
thing that they make bondo and grinders to smooth my welds.
                                        Ardun Doug King