Flow checking NOS

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flow checking NOS
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:09:31 -0600
Hey ... This might be a good winter project... How exactly do I flow check
these Nitrous Fuel Jets... do I try and get a Mid stream check into a second
container and Time it? Does anybody have any Flow numbers that they have
established already?

How bout the Nitrous side?  Do I just do the same thing to them? with Fuel?

Should I measure this stuff though the Plate system? or should I just use
the jet itself?  How bout Varying Fuel system Pressure to know how much a
1/2 lb change makes?

Last year at the end of each meet I wrote in the Log book the jets we used
and the system pressures ( not as religiously as I should have but... you
know that drill )  So I have a Base line for Performance and tuning now....

Brad and I were hanging out last night and really decided that for next year
we really don't need a second Nitrous system to acheive the goals we
have.... But as a side thought... rather then going to a fogger system...
how bout using a Y block at the Plate and adding a second system there?

Bout the only place we might need this second system is if we end up at El
Mirage.... we might be able to use two smaller hits rather then one Large
one and actually keep the tires under the car...

Okay I admit I am Bored.... and tired of sorting out nuts and bolts... Yeah
I am down to fiddling around with that Junk... can't get the race car into
the shop with this 6 cylinder rebuild going on... hmmm

Keith