Maxton and Ballast

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton and Ballast
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:33:36 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to everybody for the responses to this
question.  Once again, you have all been a great
help, and I am modifying the construction of both
my Camaro and my roadster based on your
experience and comments.

Basically, I will start with no ballast at all,
then add it only if handling and traction
indicates a need, by adding minimum weight to the
four corners (inside the wheelbase) until I get
26%RF, 26%LF, 24%RR, 24%LR. I don't think I'll
have a traction problem at Bonneville, but if I
do, I will add weight proportionally to each
corner until the problem is solved.

The wheelbase info was helpful and interesting
too.  I had been considering lengthening my
roadster frame, but now, I will try it as is and
not change anything unless it needs it.

Thanks all.

=====
*         Dick J          *