Re: Wankel engines and rules

To: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>,
Subject: Re: Wankel engines and rules
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 17:44:41 -0600
Hi Dave,
I agree with your #1 comment and would like to make an observation
regarding #2.

WARNING....THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY........ANY SIMILARITY BETWEEN THE
FOLLOWING ..................

I have been just lurking the past few days and watching what could come of
the rotary discussion and thinking about the other discussions. I notice
that most of the questions/comments that do not require or desire a rules
change are fairly clearly covered in the rulebook. Even the process to
follow in requesting a rules change is in the rulebook.

And Dan Warner, bless his heart, sounds willing to help process a rules
change request if anybody would just make one.

So the change process is getting better but the "reading of the rulebook"
doesn't seem to be improving.
I have requested rules changes and they have been properly addressed by the
rules committee. The results are not always what I want but I got
results.......by myself.

I guess that my point is that if more people read the rulebook and do what
it says, fewer problems would result when we go to the racecourse. And the
tension level all over might just be lower..............

Happy New Year,
Skip (in central Texas where it was 70 today and my English Wheel is almost
finished!)