rear end question for hotrod

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear end question for hotrod
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 19:14:21 -0500
List has been busy lately so maybe someone has an idea.  Looking for Ford
rear end, 5 lug 4 1/2" spacing, needs to be 52" or 53" from drum face to
drum face.  Trying to find one that doesn't need to be narrowed and that is
pretty available.  Going in my latest hotrod project.  I know 60's mustang
will work but the restorers want outrageous money and I don't necessarily
need a 9".  Anyone have any ideas?  What is dimension on these 5.0 liter
mustangs?  Only Fords I have ever owned have been pre-50s.  Thanks, John