Fw: USA

To: "ZIF 247" <zif247@hotmail.com>, "Woody Windley"
Subject: Fw: USA
From: "JAMES CANNON" <dr.piston@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 07:39:54 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Sandra Hawkins <eefgwd@greenwood.net>
To: blfabian@aol.com <blfabian@aol.com>
Date: Friday, January 05, 2001 9:39 AM

----- Original Message -----

From: Paul Riddle

To: Tom & Cindy Titcomb ; Steve Blackwell ; Stan Lockaby ;
sophia
skiada ; Sandra Hawkins ; Phyllis Tanner
Frye ; Pam
Fagan ; Mac Young ; Larry Lund ; Ken R Skinner ; John White ;
Jerry
Riddle ; Gerald
Davenport ; Gail Robinson ; Carol Davison ;
Ben Cook ;
Becky
Cribb ; Annemarie Pillman ; Allen Riddle ;
Alicia Dinsmore

Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 10:32 PM

    Be the change you want to see in the
    world.
    Tim Farmer
    Greensboro
    DSO
    336-273-6353(ext. 15)
    336-273-1049(fax)
    tim.farmer@trane.com

    --

    TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth

    sharing.

    America: The Good Neighbor.

    Widespread but only
    partial news coverage was given recently to a
    remarkable editorial
    broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a
    Canadian television
    commentator. What follows is the full text of his
    trenchant remarks as
    printed in the Congressional Record:

    "This Canadian thinks it is time
    to speak up for the Americans as the
    most generous and possibly the least
    appreciated people on all the
    earth.

    Germany, Japan and, to a
    lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted
    out of the debris of war by
    the Americans who poured in billions of
    dollars and forgave other billions
    in debts.  None of these countries is
    today paying even the interest
    on its remaining debts to the United
    States.

    When the France was
    in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the
    Americans who propped it up,
    and their reward was to be insulted and
    swindled on the streets of Paris.
    I was there. I saw it.

    When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the
    United States that
    hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American
    communities were flattened
    by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

    The
    Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into

    discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing

    about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

    I'd like to see just
    one of those countries that is gloating over the
    erosion of the United
    States dollar build its own airplane. Does any
    other country in the world
    have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet,
    the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the
    Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly
    them? Why do all the International
    lines except Russia fly American
    Planes?

    Why does no other land on
    earth even consider putting a man or woman on
    the moon? You talk about
    Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You
    talk about German
    technocracy, and you get automobiles.

    You talk about American
    technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not
    once, but several times -
    and safely home again.

    You talk about scandals, and the Americans put
    theirs right in the store
    window for everybody to look at. Even their
    draft-dodgers are not
    pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets,
    and most of them,
    unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting
    American dollars
    from ma and pa at home to spend here.

    When the
    railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down
    through age, it
    was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the
    Pennsylvania Railroad and the
    New York Central went broke, nobody loaned
    them an old caboose.  Both
    are still broke.

    I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to
    the help of other
    people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when
    someone else raced
    to the Americans in trouble?  I don't think there
    was outside help even
    during the San Francisco earthquake.

    Our
    neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned
    tired of
    hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this
    thing with
    their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb
    their nose
    at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I
    hope Canada
    is not one of those."

    Stand proud, America!

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    This is one of the best
    editorials that I have ever read regarding the
    United States. It is nice
    that one man realizes it. I only wish that the
    rest of the world would
    realize it. We are always blamed for everything,
    and never even get a
    thank you for the things we do.

    I would hope that each of you would
    send this to as many people as you
    can and emphasize that they should send
    it to as many of their friends
    until this letter is sent to every person
    on the web. I am just a single
    American that has read this.  I SURE
    HOPE THAT A LOT MORE READ IT SOON.

    GOD BLESS AMERICA