Re: CHALLENGER THOMPSON SPEED SPORT ROADSTER

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CHALLENGER THOMPSON SPEED SPORT ROADSTER
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 20:40:06 EST
        Bob, You are NO lurker on this list, even if you are one of the three
new members I know of that have come aboard this week !  Thanks for sharing
some items with us. I also talked friend Ron Keller up in frozen Canada into
signing
up for a hitch, but must admit I do not know the other newcomer :  A young
lady named MeShawn Fowler .  I' ll take this opportunity to say Welcome
to the List to both MeShawn and Ron the Tin Man of Ontario, not Oz !
      Bob, on your book question, all of my 1960 and later drag racing and
hot rod photos will be copied by Arnie " squarerollbars " Shuman for use
in the second book he is starting on, and, yes, there will be photos I took
of both the US Mule and the Clembert Automotive rail in the era they were
running in ...... BEFORE you owned them !   Let's hope Arnie' s
second volume on local rod / drag history is as absolutely great as the
first one !!!   Arnie knows what I think of his masterpiece as I have bought
THREE of them from him already !   I think you might have some pics that
deserve a place in his new production, don' t you ?
     THANKS  AGAIN for NOT lurking ..... we have quite a few of those ......
but that is their privilege ...... even if they have a WEALTH of experiences,
racing and automotive stories, and technical know how they could share
with ALL of us !    Like Keith said in his email that convinced you :
     " This isn' t like walking up to the front of the class in grade school
none of these folks are going to make fun of you for trying to speak your
mind ..... or ask a question ! "    He is QUITE  RIGHT .....
           Bruce at other end of the state
PS :  Any of you lovers of  Fifties Drag / Hot Rod History that want to find
out about Arnie' s great book, superbly written with tons of early photos,
" Cool Cars - - - Square Roll Bars " can contact him at this address :
                             squarerollbars@yahoo.com
      Arnie and brother Bernie's cool roadster that they ran back then is
on the cover and in the large photo gallery throughout the book ......