50's and 60's

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: 50's and 60's
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 18:23:29 -0800
Bruce
Man you sure are ageing us. You keep bringing up all of these good
stories and people we know/knew in the best years. I knew Mickey
Thompson very well, worked a little on his first twin engine liner,
worked at Lions drag strip and ran there as well. Got drafted the year
MT took the twin to the salt. Spent a little time in his shop on the 4
eng. car. Was lucky enough to see it restored for the ground up by Jim
Travis. Presently building two kit models of the Assult and the
Challenger models I was lucky enough to run across.

I have a good photo collection of MT's cars and some history as well as
the murder.
Yeah, I was lucky to know him and a lot of others. The best is all of
the years I went and continue to go to the Lakes and the Salt along with
all of the wonderful people I have met.
So if being a little older then the new breed I guess we are the lucky
ones Bruce.

Keep up the good writing and throwing in a little or your past.
Glen ( it's finally raining)