Re: Marmon powered coupe

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Marmon powered coupe
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:06:58 EST
In a message dated 01/10/2001 5:03:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
acromac@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<
 Glen,List
 My first LSR experience was as a spectator at Muroc in June.There was
 a Crosley bodied coupe there with (I think) a blown SBC.The owner told
 me that the car had originally been built by Howard Johansen and at
 one time had been powered by a Marmon.Sorry the guys names excape
 me,they were VERY patient at answering all my questions even letting
 me sit in the car.That was a thrill as It brought back a lot of the
 memories of the Fiat coupe I drove in the early 60's.
 Regards
 Bill
 --
 Bill McIntyre
 IAC 3269

Bill,
    Sounds like the Marshall-Thayer-Banta Competition Coupe, powered by a "D"
300ci blown Chrysler.............Ardun Doug King