Re: computer help .... did Eli Whitney have to deal with this ?

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: computer help .... did Eli Whitney have to deal with this ?
From: Cris Shearer <cshearer@tacisp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:39:14 -0700
We seen the smoke clear down the far end.  Usually we see the smoke from the
diesel trucks warming up.  What is really spectacular is sitting at the far end
and watching the diesel trucks start and watch each shift.  On a clear cool
morning, we can see and hear cars in the pits from such a long distance.  Also
wanted to comment about my remark earlier about cars on fire and not stopping.
I don't think its a brake problem but more of the racer not being aware they are
on fire.  The longest time for a vehicle to stop was the Bean Bandits when they
were on fire '98 speedweek.  He just coasted, and coasted, and coasted.  This
car may not have had breaks with the intensity of their fire.  Ed isn't here to
ask for sure.  Cris, Salt Lake.