Re: Screen Oil Filters

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Screen Oil Filters
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:31:42 -0800
I have run an Oberg for several years. I believe that they do an
excellent job of filtering, plus you can look at what is being taken out
of the oil. It will amaze you what you find.

If you use shop towels (red rags) in assembly you will see how much of
this fuzz gets into the engine. After installing the Oberg, I went to
the paper shop towel for the assembly process. It can also give you a
clue when the bearings are coming apart. One thing you have to get
accustomed to is what debris in the filter is cause for concern. there
will always be metal in the screen when you check it.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC