Re: welding/metal work ...... SLIDE INJECTORS

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: welding/metal work ...... SLIDE INJECTORS
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:22:58 EST
In a message dated 01/17/2001 4:49:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
FastmetalBDF@aol.com writes:

<<          Keith,   Slide throttles have been around for a while ...... C & T
 Automotive had them on one of their hemi engines ..... I think it might
 have set a record at Bonneville in a hiboy deuce roadster, back in the
 50s, and Jack Roush had slide throttles on one his drag cars ..... I believe
 it was a Vega running in C / Gas class back in the 70s .
        It looks to me like slide throttles would admit air into the intake
 ports in a more even, steady fashion than the round butterflies inside
 Stu' s tubes ( Hilborns ), and all the other port injectors .
                Bruce

Bruce,
    The C&T Ardun powered 32 hiboy had homemade slide injectors according to
Clem TeBow, the reason being that Hilborn hadn't come out with injectors for
these heads. C&T also built a set for the Moller-Adams/Flatty Streamliner
engine.
                                        Ardun Doug King