EARLY STU HILBORN LAKES CAR

To: landspeedracer@email.msn.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: EARLY STU HILBORN LAKES CAR
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:41:03 EST
       List : There has been mention here recently of the whereabouts of
the old Stuart Hilborn car ..... and it has been called a liner . There may
have been a streamliner that Mr.Hilborn owned and ran ..... but I am not
aware of this car . There was, however, a narrow little open wheel lakester
with an early flathead in it, and a stock appearing wheelbase, in an early
issue of Hot Rod Magazine, when the covers were still in black and white .
           Is this the missing racer we are talking about here ?
      It would be a shame if this historic speedster was hidden away in
some garage or shed somewhere, with no plans in sight for a restoration
or even some " as is " appearances at some of the better known large
west coast shows or hot rod reunions . It is a true one of a kind racecar,
and I hope someone on this list might be able to ferret out some info
on where it could possibly be nowadays . Another piece of early dry
lakes history ..... let' s hope we might see it again before too much
more time goes by ......

        Bruce      where the snow is melting a little bit