What's It All Mean?

To: land-speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's It All Mean?
From: tim schoeny <tschoen@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 08:02:22 -0500
Been a little under the weather so had some time to look at a topic I've
been meaning to for a while-what's the differences(MPH) between the
various types of cars at B'ville and between blown and unblown and fuel
and gas.I simply calculated averages for each of the
categories(streamliner,lakester,etc) and then for all blown vs all
unblown and all fuell vs all gas.This has some problems as not all
categories have records in all displacement classes but in general was
pretty interesting.I then looked at the averages for only unblown gas
classes as they almost all have records from AA-H.This allows a pretty
good comparison of body types.

                                       streamliner-278
                                       lakester-239
                                       comp coup-210
                                       alt-205
                                        mod sport-205
                                        gas cp-199
                                        roadstr-198
                                        mod roadstr-197
                                        gt-192
                                        prod-192
                                        street roadstr-173

The streamliners have a 16% advantage over lakesters presumeably because
of the enclosed wheels and a 39% advantage over bodied cars-a lot of
which is probably related to frontal area as lakesters have a 20%
advantage over bodied cars even though they have open wheels but small
frontal areas.It's pretty amazing that the modified stock bodied
cars(CC,Alt,MS) have only a 6% advantage over stock bodied
cars(GC,GT,PROD).It's a real difference but a small one.

In the other comparison,blown cars had a 13% advantage over unblown and
fuel had a 9% advantage over gas.Don't know what good all this info is
,but at least I wasn't watching Oprah in the afternoon>
                                     Tim(gotta get a life)Schoeny