Re: 21st Century Land Speed Record Recognising Body

To: "Malcolm Pittwood" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: 21st Century Land Speed Record Recognising Body
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 04:30:53 -0600
Malcolm.... There will never be agreement... only compromise.

Everyone's willingness to do that is what is going to end up with a quality
organization....

Brad and I were kicking something about... and that was the ability to
organize an event anywhere in the world based on this same set of rules....
Let me give you an example....

John Beckett and Tom Sarda decided to come up with the ECTA.... and they
both did a TON of work to make that happen..... But if we had a set of rules
and an education process for that venue.... it would have been easy....
Think about the Possibilities in say Gernany.... or Sweeden...  Folks around
the world could really put this into Place if in fact we had a governing set
of rules that made it easy for that to happen.

Most of the questions you asked are answered in the SCTA rule book....
Firesuits .... Safety Procedures... Record Certification Process.... Thou we
would have to expand on them....

As for Distances.... I think John Beckett was on to something when he said
set a Minimum Distance of 1 mile.... and a Timing trap of 132 is Common
here... but we could include flying mile and Kilo to the fray  With No
standard for run up or shut down...

I think the FIA rule on Gradient is Fine....

And Lastly for those who don't believe in Comparing Courses I offer
this..... Consider the NHRA.... if you want to set a top speed or ET record
.... are you going to Denver?  or the Texas Motorplex?    You gotta go were
you are competitive.

Keith