Muroc

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Muroc
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 09:14:43 -0800
Just so everyone is aware the dead line for signing the approval by the
General was yesterday 2-2-01. This did not happen. Muroc is cancelled for this
year. We are keeping the door open and will look into next year and hopefully
have a better foot hold to make the event happen. The airforce general was the
only one who did not sign, all others did. The dead line was established to
assure we the SCTA had time to get all of the advertising in place, all of the
permits, all of the support and contracts in place that it takes to make it
all happen. Even though it is only a few miles from El Mirage every piece of
quipment has to be moved to Muroc.

The set up crew and most racers are there on friday meaning we take an extra
day off work to set up and inspect the vehicles.
The week prior to that a crew goes out to the lake bed to prepare it to race
on. It's a bigger undertaking then most realize to do each year.

Glen