Rocket Men

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocket Men
From: RAWAWA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:26:08 EST
Dear fellow listees,the following is what i was trying to pass along through
"landracing.com. This trailer thing got me a little un-synched and i
miss-mailed it. Anyhoo,the letter is from the people mentioned on Amo's site
about a rocket vehicle speed test on Lake George N.Y. in 2 weeks.

"We are a little grey at this point. The ice at Lake George is only a
mile or so long with the rest skim only ice. I have a few fishermen
there who keep me updated on the true surface conditions. The weather
looks like it is warming up so unless it changes soon we will have to
cancel. The promoters who put on the drag races are watching it for us
too! Lake George is the only town that would let us bring the sled to
run. We were there last year. A 5,600 mile round trip and when we got
there it was 50 degrees and raining with a foot of snow on the
lake. We are also considering Minnesota for next season if it is
possible. All the best... Waldo Stakes.

PS for more info,go to www.sonicwind.com.......Bob Wanner ( inna Blizzard,ny)