Re: International records and such

To: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, "Keith Turk"
Subject: Re: International records and such
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:19:31 -0800
Glen

Thanks for the LSA history lesson -- it clearly shows how a good idea
turns into a good amount of work in no time at all. Still a good idea,
I wonder if all this talk has the "legs" to resurrect the LSA, or some
updated derivative, that would satiate the American land speed racers
desire to be "international" record setters?

If so, then it must include serious teamwork and financial commitment
to support "Save TheSalt" otherwise there will be no place to set
anything. Setting any record is a snap in comparison to dealing with
government authorities, special interest groups and other politically
charged groups who would be pleased to see land speed racing disappear
forever. It is something we ought to bear in mind when having chats
about how a given record is viewed and respected.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth