Re: Records

To: "John Goodman" <ggl205@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Records
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:26:23 -0800
John

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of why folks race -- fun
and personal enjoyment.

However, we all enjoy the sport different,  just like food. I detest
licorice, but I am glad it exists for those who love and it doesn't
hurt me at all that they do.

The same is true for racing, the record is the benchmark, but some
would like a world status benchmark. Although Al Teague said nothing
to anyone, he secretly yearned in his heart for that world record he
now holds.

I agree also the too much emphasis can cloud the sport's intention,
but I don not believe that is happening here. More, I think we have
some very strong opinions that lack basic understanding of how the
world record business works and had worked for nearly a century.

There may be something that can elevate the sport's recognition in the
eyes of the worldwide public, but I am not going to "press-on
regardless" if the chatting yields only the desires of a personal
agenda.

My interest is for the sport in general, not anyone is particular.

I believe this discussion is healthy for the sport, if for nothing
else, it is a dandy waste gate for frustrations!

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions
Telling stories with words and pictures