Re: Trying to Contact

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trying to Contact
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:18:46 EST
In a message dated 02/09/2001 6:15:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, 3cbxs@ev1.net
writes:

<< Folks,
   Anybody know how I can contact either;
 Robert Markley or
 Bennett/Joehnk or
 Tom Beatty

 These guys all run or ran belly tankers.

 Thanks, Tom

Tom,
    Bob Markley passed away a couple of years ago from, I believe,
complications of surgery he had. His twin brother Charley lives in the Los
Gatos, CA area and might be in the phone book. If you want his number contact
me off the list.
    Bob Joehnk is still active in the Santa Barbara, CA area, and still has a
small  shop, possibly private or run by a son. Seth Hammond, Fred
Dannenfelzer(sp), or the guys that run the Raspberry Rocket Lakester would
know how to contact him, as might Doug Odom of this List. He might be listed
in the phone book. If all else fails I might be able to get it from a vintage
sports car guy who knows him. Bob is usually at the vintage sports car races
with Vic Edelbrock Jr.
    My recollection is that Tom Beatty passed away some years ago.
    I had no recollection of Johnek running a belly tank. I knew that he ran
a DeSoto powered fenderless coupe early-on, and ran a successful roadster in
the 80's at Bonneville.
                                                    Ardun Doug King