Local business support

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Local business support
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:51:28 -0500
List,

   Being stuck way out here on the beach it's often troubling that the
majority of my parts requirements have to be handled by mail order.

   My latest project seems to be an exception.  After shopping around in all
my mail order catalogs for a sealed battery box I finally decided I needed a
custom one built.  Took the plans down the road to Lewis, who specializes in
aluminum and stainess pieces for the boat industry.  Turns out he can build
my custom battery box for about half what the mail order guys are asking.
I've also been able to acquire the Morse cable and all attaching hardware
for my (rear) remote battery switch through local marine suppliers.

   After seeing lots of small locally owned businesses go-under after all
their customers went to the new chain stores in nearby cities (Walmart,
Lowe's, etc) it's nice to finally be able to buy car stuff from my
neighbors, and support the local economy.

Chuck Rothfuss
Pole Cat Hollow, NC