Re: International Speed Record Attempts

To: "Malcolm Pittwood" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: International Speed Record Attempts
From: "The Butters Family" <bbutters@coldreams.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:59:15 -0800
      I'm just going to thro my nickel into this deal, a Canadian one at
that, about 2 cents worth. I think there is a perfectly good reason why FIA
has the classes it does. That's because they are about all the classes the
people of this world can fathom or give a hoot about.  There are only a
couple of world records that really matter to the majority of people. The
fastest ground rocket, the fastest wheel driven, and the fastest car. A
record at Bonneville is about the most recognition you are ever going to
receive in this sport, on a world basis, would be more than enough for me.
For the Burklands its another matter, there achievement could well  gain
worldwide recognition, from the git go they have worked on a setup they can
turn around in the required FIA limits. There is Salt to race on, dirt  and
concrete all just club racing, but the ultimate club for those that do it.
Basically the world could give a hoot and your not going to change that or
should we. L ike they used to tell us Carry on Gentlemen. Kvach, Spring is
coming to N.Idaho

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]