EFI & RF hash

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: EFI & RF hash
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:44:47 +1300
Question directed at Dave, John or other EFI experts.
Have just spoken to my ECU supplier, is getting my order ready to send
including all sensors, loom etc.
He asked what ignition system I was using, told him MSD 7AL2, crank trigger,
distributor, pro power coil and their best spiral wound suppression leads, a
complete matching package. He then politely told me the system was old
technology crap and I would have major problems programming the fuel map in
real time on the dyno as I plan. Says I will get major interference from the
ignition system. In the car we have placed all the EFI computor gear back
inside the car in a compartment alongside the driver. All the ignition gear is
mounted on a panel in front of the engine with this in mind. He said this was
still marginal but we would certainly have trouble in the dyno room. He said
we need a multi coil induction system. While I don't doubt his advice, is
there any way I can satisfactorily shield my MSD setup especially on the dyno.

There seems to be plenty of racing EFI's Motec etc combined with MSD
amplifiers racing out there quite happily.  ADVICE PLEASE !  No suggestions
about dimple tape either.

Chris Harris.      NZed.