Rules and Classes

To: evelyn thomas <bikerschoice@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Rules and Classes
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 07:26:09 -0800 (PST)
I get so PO'ed when I see somebody bitchin
bitchin, bitchin, or cryin cryin cryin.  Most of
the time I figure it's just rambling or tongue in
cheek stuff.  I can't believe that it's for real.
  I believe (opinion) that there are plenty of
classes and rules for everyone, and I hope that
most of the chit chat going on here is just that
- idle chit chat, jaw jacking, bench racing.  I
think that most of us are totally satisfied with
the rules and classes as they are, and I hope
that the guys on this list who are the "shakers
and movers" for ECTA, and SCTA understand that
most of this is just "discussion" not genuine
bitchin and gripin. (At least I hope that's what
it is!)

When I first decided to "realize my dream" and
start land speed racing, about three years ago, I
took the rule book and the list of records, and
made a big chart of all the cars and bikes that I
thought I could reasonably consider racing.  I
also factored in those classes that I thought I
might be able to think about for a record.  My
wife will back me up, the chart got so big that I
had to take it off the spread sheet and draw it
on the back of six feet of 48" wide wrapping
paper and spread it out on the living room floor
in order to read it!  I didn't even have any
streamliners or lakesters on the chart!  These
were only classes that I thought I could start
with from the local bike store, used car lot, or
hot rod swap meet!  Classes - - we got plenty of
classes!  Rules - - the rules are fine.  Little
changes for advancing technology and new safety
considerations are all that we ever need to look
at.  If I ever say somthing that sounds like
bitchin and gripin, just answer back real quick
and slap me up the side of the head for a reality
check!

My hat's off to the guys that help run these
organizations and meets! ! !

Thankyou

Dick J