Yahoo

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Yahoo
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 06:29:48 -0700 (MST)
  Well, here goes, I was in university and my car was a big block 72
plymouth Satellite and my yuppie friends all had Fiats. They used to get a
kick out of calling me Scott-Bob, yuk-yuk , as though I was from the Dukes
of Hazard or something. So I'm driving one of the guys home from school as
his Fiat is , where else?, in the shop again and we come across a dip in the
road that everyone always went over fast because it could launch your car if
you were going fast enough when you came up the other side of the dip. Well
I decide to show this guy what a muscle car can do and I floor it way too
soon before this dip in the road. When we come up the other side the car
goes airborn to the tune of all four wheels about five feet off the ground
at about 60mph on a 30 mph 2-lane neighbourhood street. Right where we got
airborn there was a guy raking leaves on our side of the street. The look on
his face as we flew by at  head level was a kodak moment. My buddy actually
yelled inside the car. When we landed the oil pan was crushed and the front
frame rails were bent pretty badly but this guys house was only a mile or so
away. We towed the car to my house using his mothers car and within about 3
hours I had a spare pan on it and it was running again although the handling
left much to be desired. Funny thing, he never made fun of my cars again.
Scott