Re: roadster classes

To: <Want1937hd@aol.com>
Subject: Re: roadster classes
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 06:06:31 -0800
Good question, 23-27 would be based on Ford Model T's I guess. The
23-25 T body is the same, 26-27 is a more streamlined body. My question is
why are the 15-22 bodies not allowed? If you put a 15 and 23 roadster body
side by side 99 out of 100 people wouldn't know the differance at a 200MPH
glance.

Bob, Paul, list,

Usually I'm pretty good at history. On this one I have to plead ignorance -
the year breaks were already set into the rulebook prior to my arrival in
1963. I don't remember disscussions at rules or board meetings about
changing the year breaks, although I'm sure there must have been some in the
last 35+ years.

The only pre-'27 Ford I know of currently running is Russ Meeks handbuilt
'23 XO/FMR.

Tom Bryant, do you have some background?

Dan W