Re: Driving Suit

To: Phillip Landry <saltracer@hotmail.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving Suit
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 07:56:09 -0800
on 3/3/01 12:33 PM, Phillip Landry at saltracer@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi guys,
> We are looking at catalogs to order driving suits for three different size
> people. Can these suits be altered easily? Also there was some different
> material than Nomex mentioned a while back, I don't recall the brand name
> and the listquest feature is not working. Phil and Gary
Phil and Gary,

Check out HTTP://wwwchapmanthermalproducts.com for information on CarbonX.
After seeing their demonstrations I'm a believer.  Kind of like buying a
cheaper helmet when you can get one that will really protect your head for
20% more.  These suits breathe too ... nice when you are waiting in line on
a hot day.
Alterations are not a good thing to do when you have welted seams and a
fabric that would unravel rather quickly at raw edges.  Everything I have
seen has been serged on the edge of the individual panel before assembly.
CarbonX is quite durable and they have knits for sox, shoelaces, gloves and
even helmet liners and headsocks/balaclavas/thingamajigs.  Mike Chapman has
a pair of exercise shorts he wears when he works out that have held up as
well as a polyester knit would have done.

Wes