Re: Ron Halls Avanti -and Bill Burke

To: bbutters@coldreams.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ron Halls Avanti -and Bill Burke
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 04:08:48 -0000
From: "The Butters Family" <bbutters@coldreams.com>
To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ron Halls Avanti

     "These guys just keep coming back. Alittle Avanti history,"

"many of you are familiar with Bill Burke"s Avanti. It first ran with a
Paxton super charged 224 cu in Stude in I think 1964 setting a record. The
car has been powered by Chry. Hemis and chev. motors almost continuously
since then. Running to nearly 240mph.  "

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Bill told me that he's also run FE Ford motors in it as well :)-and that
the car has never seen the street.  Studebaker sold it to him new -for use
as a race car  COOL!

-Dirty Doug stuck in New Yawk.....with Hil----  :(