Re: Tires and tubes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires and tubes
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:33:43 EST
In a message dated 03/17/2001 9:06:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
saltracer@hotmail.com writes:

<< Am I mistaken or do we have to run tubes with our VR rated tubeless tires
 run on a 160 record. XF/GMR Phil and Gary

Phil,
    Pages 15-16 in the 2000 Rulebook state that all tires (VR's are good to
200mph) must use tubes unless the manufacturer expressly designates them to
be run tubeless.
    BTW, the Tech guys like to see an area flat washer in place below the cap
on the valve stem to keep centrifugal force from bending the stem outwards
and cutting it where it passes through the rim...........Ardun Doug