Paul Vanderley

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paul Vanderley
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:43:36 -0600
Just wanted to say Hey from Paul and Kay to all thier old friends.... HEY
GLEN... I think I found someone who has raced on the salt longer then
YOU..... Think about it.... it's gotta be some kinda record.....

Paul has downsized his shop and his life.... gone from 13 folks to 3 and
moved into a place at his home in nowhere Mississippi.... ( and I thought I
lived in the middle of Nowhere Shoot )

He had lots of neat stuff hanging around.... Several Boat Pontiac 4
bangers... and Hi Po Chevrolet junk..... we chatted just a bit about the New
Roadster he is building and a couple of other things....  neat folks...and I
enjoyed the visit....

Left him my old Scrape aluminum pile to see if he could make a Motor out of
what we had screwed up... Be interesting.... I just liked the way he goes
about Business.... Straight forward ... Very Clean.... and lots of basic
innovation in how his tools are installed.... nice little dyno room well
instrumented.... but not NEW....  Said it was going to be a couple of weeks
before he could touch my motor but once it was opened it would be the only
thing on his table.... also said he would treat it like his own.... Because
he put both Himself and Jack Mendenhall in the Two Club in his
roadster....with an identical motor I trust him..... Felt really good
leaving there....  hopefully this will be the RIGHT answer...

Keith ( Last word to Paul.... was assume EVERYTHING IS WRONG )