Re: TRANNY FOR POSTWAR FLATHEAD - - - - -

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRANNY FOR POSTWAR FLATHEAD - - - - -
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:06:01 EST
In a message dated 03/27/2001 11:02:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, FastmetalBDF
writes:

<<   Hope you someone can help,
 In puttin' an 8BA in my '32 (orig. steel, no 'glass stuff). I can't find any
 really good
 info on a good trans to go behind this. I would like to have a top loader if
 possible, but hey, gotta do whatcha gotta do. I've got a new Hal. QC for the
 rearend, so ratios are not a real problem. Any flathead guys up there with
 any suggestions. Thanks for anything. Not a lot of flathead folks here in N.
 Georgia.

 Tim Payne
 tim_p1@mindspring.com

Tim,
    If you can find a 8-BA (49-53 FoMoCo) passenger car stick-shift
bellhousing it will accept some of the later Ford 4-speed
trannys................Ardun Doug King