Re: EGT/ NEW MOTTO?

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EGT/ NEW MOTTO?
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 07:15:15 -0700
New ECTA motto?

SHIFT, STEER AND SHUT DOWN!

Now if we could adapt that to the salt, something like:
Get on it ... Get off it ... Get off the course!
I'm sure it would make life easier for Glen and for Lloyd Parry.  Might make
Cris work a little faster to get the drink and cool towels ready.

Just one more sign we need and no poles to hang it from.  Maybe inside the
windshield or on the canopy like Fred Larsen's "Shut up and Drive"  or
perhaps we could have that the starters litany before every run.  Wonder how
many drivers are really cool enough to listen at that point or are some too
focused on their run?

Early April has been cool and wet in SLC.  As you know that is no sure
indication of what is happening 120 miles West on the salt.

Congratulations an getting in a good meet in spite of the blustery weather.

Wes Potter

 "As John just pointed out,