Wandering in the desert

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Wandering in the desert
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 07:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
After the proverbial backfire and fireball that
takes your eyebrows off and makes your face look
like you've been wandering in the desert for
three days, I recalled that the previous owner
had installed his cam 180 degrees off, with the
timing gear marks both at the 12:00 o'clock
position - an error which I had corrected.
Unfortunately, I did not think about the wires in
the distributor having to be moved to correlate
to that correction.  Once I got them all moved
around the the proper locations, the small block
fired right off and ran great.  Noticeably more
motor than I had before the head porting and
solid lifter cam!  Unfortunately, the radiator
sprayed coolant everywhere.  There were numerous
small leaks which I had not noticed before, and I
will be replacing the radiator this week.  Oh
well, one more week of beans and rice!  But hey,
that motor sounds good!

=====
Dick J
In East Texas