A Blond Wandering in the desert

To: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Subject: A Blond Wandering in the desert
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:41:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmm.  I feel pretty blond right now.
Well, I've got it running (and it's not running
backwards - ha ha), so I guess I lucked out.  I
figured out where to put the wires by turning it
over with my finger over #1 plug hole.  When I
felt compression under my finger, I wired # one
to where the rotor was pointing.  It is wired one
position off from "normal" but it works better
that way because the HEI distributor is so tight
in the Camaro engine compartment.  With it wired
the way it is, I have more movement available for
timing before it pushes wires against the
firewall.  Had I thought of it while I had the
top of the motor off,and had room to swing,  I'd
have done a little hammer work on the firewall.
I have the wires numbered and number one clearly
marked on the distributor, should anybody else
ever work on this motor.

Dick J

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/