Chuck Gibson and Rosetta Timing assc

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chuck Gibson and Rosetta Timing assc
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:37:13 -0500
    I have had this fella that mentioned running with the Rosetta timing
association and the SCTA just after the war.... he even went to the First
NON race after the war.... told me the story of that first event....how it
never happened....

Anyway I stopped by his place tonight and just hung out for an hour or so...
he got out all his Pictures with his pals..... I will mention a few of the
names .... lets see.... Tom and Bob Steward... something about deigo
axles.... Paul Shaffer... of clutch fame... Saw pictures of a belly tank
something in Yellow.... and a ton of neat old iron.... all Roadsters of
course.... he was a charter member of the Prowers.... and of course the San
Diego roadster club.... they called him Hoot Gibson back then...

what a kick.... and yeah he remembers Bob Higbee and several others... kinda
nice to talk through some of our history....

Keith