Burns, Wright, and Frank

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Burns, Wright, and Frank
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:53:51 +1000
It,s strange how we,ll hear or read something and are reminded of an incident
or people many years before. Let me explain. In the early sixties I was at a
friends house, messing with his fuel dragster. My friend, Fred Murphy, and I
were in the same grade while going to school. We attended No. Hollywood
high(Cal.) and before that Walter Reed Jr. high along with Barry Kaplan(
Kaplin & Carr)., and Tom Senter(Ardun, Bonneville). Fred had returned from a
trip to Bonneville with his friend, Don Johnson(200 MPH Club member) and was
telling me about this  guy from down under.  This guy  had ground his own
camshafts out of used axles and was a real low buck guy. Apparently, the
Champion sparkplug rep. had come around the pits giving complementery plugs
to the racers. The racer in question, who had to make practically everything
was visably overwhelmed that somebody would lay a bunch of sparkplugs on him.
One of those special moments  on the salt. ------After reading an article in
Hot Rod and seeing a picture of a Studebaker , I decided to get back into hot
rodding. I went to B/V in 1991 to look around and finally brought our car
there in 1998. I just wish I,d done it sooner. Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743