Effect of high RPM and no load

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Effect of high RPM and no load
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:02:08 -0700
Was :Re: Effect of Flywheel Weight for Bikes and Cars

What about exhaust scavenging?

When the piston reaches TDC on the exhaust stroke
a properly tuned extractor will be producing a negative
pressure during overlap with wide open throttle.

I believe Dave's oil system theory is correct. If you
want to scare the hell out of yourself, put sight glass
on a wet sump oil pan and bring the RPM up to 80% of
redline for 30 seconds.

Bryan (back to my hole)