Re: Pistons

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Pistons
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:57:07 -0600
Keith, this is the stuff I really dig, personal accounts of engine
internals,  thanks much for sharing that

Are you sure that the other pistons have no sign
of that hairline cracking near the area of where the
pin tower blends in with the underside of the dome??

Also if you look real close in that area, can you see
any signs of a rainbow effect there, presumably from heat
that presumably play apart in the hairline crack formation?

Doing the freshening bit myself right now, its all
very intriguing to me.

Trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together is a blast.

I especially love when folks run something because
of various reasons, and thereby have there own data
that shows something that held together when others would
have said that wont work.