Detroit Area Rookie!

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Detroit Area Rookie!
From: David Zappa <dzappa@home.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:07:59 -0400
Hello All!

My name is Dave Zappa and live just north of Detroit (St. Clair
Shores).  I'm a 51 year old retired Chrysler worker who has always had a
interest in fast cars and motorcycles and would like to get involved in
"land-speed".  Is there any list members in my area who I could contact
and learn more about how to get involved.  I now own and have owned some
fast (for the street) cars and motorcycles, but It's been quite a while
since I've broke 100 mph!  I would be more interested in helping another
local team or just hanging  out.  Any local clubs or gatherings in my
area?  I'm looking forward to any and all responses.  I do have an old
custom '55 T-Bird that would  make a neat "salt car"!  See some pics on
my web site below!

Thanks!
Dave Zappa
http://www.geocities.com/michigandave1